Bible Class: LEARNING FROM JESUS The Master Teacher
Thomas––The man who became convinced by doubting. PDF file.
––HE HAD GREAT COURAGE BUT TENDED TO SEE THE WORST OUTCOME
1. What did Thomas say to the other disciples? (Jn 11:1-16) What does this tell you about his faith?
2. Why do some tend to see the worst rather than the best outcome? How was Thomas like this?
3. Does this change the “doubting Thomas” stereotype he has been labeled with?
––HE WANTED TO UNDERSTAND BUT COULD NOT SEE PAST THE CROSS
4. Why can we be thankful Thomas asked Jesus this question? (John 14:1–6)
5. What can we learn from the answer Jesus gave? How is this truth difficult to grasp for so many?
6. How does unmet expectations and unanswered questions affect our faith?
––HE WANTED TO BELIEVE BUT COULD NOT SEE PAST THE GRAVE
7. How might it be difficult to realize Jesus must die before He can become King?
8. Why would Thomas say this? (John 20:24-25)
9. How is a person’s faith affected when they separate themselves from other believers? (20:24)
––HE BECAME A MAN OF FAITH, CONVICTION AND DEVOTION TO CHRIST
10. Is it wrong to have doubts? Is our faith a “blind faith” or a faith based on evidence? (20:24ff)
11. What does this reveal about Jesus who was willing to show Thomas the evidence? (20:26-28)
12. What is the blessing Jesus gives, and who is it given to? (20:29)