‘Do not be afraid, only believe’
Sermon for May 31st, 2020. Lessons 13 in a series on the Miracles of Jesus.
In Luke 8:41-56 We See Two Very Different People––Seeking the Same Savior.
- Jarius had twelve years of sunshine that were about to be extinguished –– This woman had twelve years of agony that seemed hopeless to heal.
- Jarius was an important man, the ruler of the synagogue ––The woman was a nobody, lost in the crowd.
- Jarius was a successful man & probably had money –– The woman was poor because she spent all her money on doctors.
- Jarius came publicly, but his daughter was raised secretly––The woman came secretly, but was healed publicly.
They were very different but had 3 things in common:
1. They Had Tried Everything Else –– Nothing Worked…
2. In Desperation They Went to Christ in Faith…
3. Jesus Responded to them Personally…